Boston Latin Ensemble Takes On Food
You might call Rosi and Brian Amador pioneers on Boston’s Latin music scene. They founded their current ensemble, Sol y Canto, in the mid-1990s and have made their mark by inviting audiences, Spanish-speaking or not, into their world of Latin music and culture.
Last year, Amador won a coveted MacDowell Fellowship to create a new project for the group, a multi-media performance about music and food. He calls that project “Sabor y Memoria.” Sol y Canto will perform its new suite this weekend and we speak to Brian and Rosi Amador about food, music and the Latin scene in Boston.
- Brian Amador, musical director and composer of “Sabor y Memoria”
- Rosi Amador, company director and lead vocals
- “Sabor y Memoria: A Musical Feast In Seven Courses” Sunday, October 5 at Regis College, Weston
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607