Meditation May Change Your Brain
A new study from Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School suggests that regular meditation actually alters those parts of the brain associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress.
It’s the first study to document these kind of changes to the brain’s structure.
- Sara Lazar, Psychiatric Neuro-imaging Research Program, MGH
- Raj Hooli, PHD student; study participant
- Jim Gordon, founder and director, Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Washington, D.C.
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607