Relationship Status: Complicated, In The Digital Age
Breaking up is hard to do. And it can feel especially tough in high school.
For much of our history, breaking hearts was something that had to be done face to face, or maybe with a Dear John letter. But now in the age of digital media, breaking up can be as easy as pressing send.
It’s not just breakups that are happening digitally. More and more teenage relationships — platonic, romantic, or something in between — are happening via text messages, instant messages and Facebook.
- Casey Corcoran, director, Start Strong Initiative, Boston Public Health Commission
- Alice Marwick, postdoctoral researcher, Microsoft Research New England
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607