A Love Of Poetry Strikes Home
This weekend, Salem welcomes the 2011 Massachusetts Poetry Festival.
Throughout the festival, there will be readings, workshops and music. To mark the event, we asked Amy Gorin of Wellesley to pick a poem and read it for us. Gorin is the mother of Andrew Gorin, a poet and lead coordinator of this year’s festival.
Gorin selected Wendell Berry’s “The Peace of Wild Things.”
- Amy Gorin, member, Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Poetry Festival
- Massachusetts Poetry Festival, May 12-14
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607