Dukakis Talks Mayor White And Busing, Segregation Crisis
Mayor Kevin White’s early connections with the city’s minority communities were tested during the busing crisis of the mid-1970’s. Former Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis, former transportation adviser Fred Salvucci, and Boston Architectural College president Ted Landsmark join Radio Boston to talk about White’s reaction to that crisis, as well as his legacy in Boston.
- Michael Dukakis, former Massachusetts governor
- Ted Landsmark, president of Boston Architectural College
- Fred Salvucci, former transportation adviser to Kevin White; lecturer at MIT
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607