Week In Review: Cahill Indicted, Big Dig Troubles
Another week, another set of public corruption charges. This time, they’re against former State Treasurer Tim Cahill, who denies charges that he used public funds to pay for ads to support his campaign for governor in 2010. Meanwhile, Big Dig repairs keep digging deeper. How deep? 54-million dollars deep. And a Massachusetts challenge to the federal Defense of Marriage Act moves a step closer to the US Supreme Court. Radio Boston digs into the week’s news.
- Joan Vennochi, columnist at the Boston Globe
- John Carroll, communications professor at Boston University, and author of the blog CampaignOutsider.com
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607