Are Most Mass. Residents Financially Literate?
Consumer awareness of financial services — everything from subprime mortgages to inscrutable credit card agreements — has been a hot topic since the financial crisis of 2008.
Just last week, the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation (OCABR) here in Massachusetts released a study which showed that Bay State consumers think they are keeping close tabs on their finances, but are unaware of many helpful resources and potential problems.
- Barbara Anthony, OCABR undersecretary
- Margaret Miley, executive director, The Midas Collaborative
- Thais DeMarco, program coordinator, The Somerville Community Corporation
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607