Mom, Dad To The Rescue: When Parents Take On Kids’ Loans
Student loans are at an all time high — and the impact spreads to parents. We’ll take a look at parents who take on loans for their college-aged children, and how that’s further squeezed an already financially insecure generation that’s heading towards retirement.
- Marian Wang, ProPublica reporter, a nonprofit investigative journalism organization
- Bob Hildreth, founder of Families United in Educational Leadership (FUEL), an organization that provides incentives for lower income families to save for their children’s college education
- Chronicle Of Higher Education: The Parent Loan Trap
- Huffington Post: The Pig is a Viper: College with Too Much Debt is Not Worth It
- FinAid: Student Financial Aid Policy Analysis
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607